Saturday, March 5, 2011

Contrast.


Compare and contrast the two photos above. Similar? Different? For various reasons, these struck me as counterparts to each other and that is why they are being posted tonight. What do you like about these photos? What do you dislike? For me, the texture, composition, lighting, and contrast all work. But I wonder if this is a particular set of factors that I enjoy and which others may not? As I develop as a photographer (no pun intended!) I hope to be able to objectively critique my work and understand my particular vision. For me, straightforward, distinct landscapes and architectural elements are favorites that seem to crop up (again!) over and over. It will be interesting to see, in the near future, if many other photos resemble these two. If you're a shooter, I'd love to hear your input; tell me about your favorite shooting elements, and what you think makes a good photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment