You didn't think that was it for First Friday did you? Oh no, there's much more in store for visitors to the downtown arts district on the evening of February 4th! What looks to be a gorgeous display of photography is set to open at Metro Galleries at 1604 19th Street. This is the typical "hub" area for First Friday activities so you will definitely want to stop by and check out this exhibit. Expect horizon-expanding, fine art photography; smashing live music featuring Kama Ruby; delicious hors d'oeurvres; and a buzzing crowd. Great shops and eclectic street vendors will surround the gallery so give yourself time to roam and enjoy.
For my random, only-slightly-related photographs of the evening, I have chosen two photos from my 2006 visit to Israel. Since it is my understanding that many of Wooten's photographs are taken in the Middle East, I thought this might be appropriate.
- Sneak Peek: Masks & Mannequins
- Home sweet home.
- Good Sky Day
- Wish on a star
- Yeah.. thanks for the busted window...
- Baby Pix
- Almonds and orchards and allergies...
- Rest for the weary.
- Crime Scene Revisited
- Storm clouds
- A ripe offering
- Color blocks
- Royal Laundry
- Alternate view of The Huntington
- The Huntington Library
- Finding balance
- One swift move...able feast
- Fading fast.
- Making do with what's in hand.
- Red light.
- Assignment: Low Light
- Super... foods!
- That's a wrap.
- 1st First Friday of the Year!
- FOURsight: Quatrains of Intimate Perception
- 1st Friday events continued: ConTEXTual
- ▼ February (28)