Yet another (!!) awesome art exhibit which will be opening on First Friday, February 4th--this one at The Padre Hotel's Farmacy Cafe. ConTEXTual, a show about literacy, brings the talents of artists Barbara Reid, Claire Putney, Christine McKee, and Yvonne Cavanagh together for exceptional art and a great cause. I've been lucky enough to hang out with each of these ladies at one time or another and they are all lovely, gifted artists who excel in their medium. The show benefits First Book Bakersfield and is the second part of a year-long effort to bring awareness to various community issues through the use of creativity. The program, called "Creating Community" is presented by the Arts Council of Kern. Don't miss it!
And please see above for another of my quite randomly chosen personal photos which can nonetheless be construed as somewhat contextual. :)
- Sneak Peek: Masks & Mannequins
- Home sweet home.
- Good Sky Day
- Wish on a star
- Yeah.. thanks for the busted window...
- Baby Pix
- Almonds and orchards and allergies...
- Rest for the weary.
- Crime Scene Revisited
- Storm clouds
- A ripe offering
- Color blocks
- Royal Laundry
- Alternate view of The Huntington
- The Huntington Library
- Finding balance
- One swift move...able feast
- Fading fast.
- Making do with what's in hand.
- Red light.
- Assignment: Low Light
- Super... foods!
- That's a wrap.
- 1st First Friday of the Year!
- FOURsight: Quatrains of Intimate Perception
- 1st Friday events continued: ConTEXTual
- ▼ February (28)