Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crime Scene Barbie and "Once Upon a Fantasy"

Another show opening on First Friday, February 4th is the "Once Upon a Fantasy" show which will be on concurrent display with "The Gnome Project" at Spotlight Theatre. This exhibit will feature artwork from BECA (Bakersfield Emerging Contemporary Artists), in various mediums, and will run through February 28th. I was hoping to submit work to this show also, but I just ran out of time. The one photo I would have loved to include might be a bit too much to work within the family-friendly theme...


The shot is of an abandoned doll found in an old construction site in the northeast part of town. I didn't disturb the scene--just took the shot where she was discovered. An obvious crime of passion.

2 comments:

  1. This should definitely be a CD cover...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for checking out my pics Apples! :) Ever since I took this shot I have been telling my son that this needs to be his album cover!!

    ReplyDelete