Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sword play and WordPlay

I was lucky enough to go photo hunting this afternoon and to go "Shutter Clique-ing" tonight. This is a late post because I was out shooting later than is typical for me. 



Scouting out locations, earlier in the day, I came across some recent bridge construction near Lake Truxtun and the bike path. These posts rather look like a mirrored optical illusion to me.

Tonight some of the photographers from the photography club Shutter Clique got together and shot a fun and interesting show at The Gate. The all-ages show featured the heavy metal band Heralds of the Sword, and there were quite a few swords also in attendance! 


Speaking of the Shutter Clique: "WordPlay," a new exhibit of work by SC photographers will be on display beginning First Friday, February 4th at The Foundry. The idea for the photographs began with each member randomly choosing two words--a negative one and a positive one--then creating an image to express both. I'm excited to be part of this group and hope you'll stop by to check out the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment